Experienced professional with a minimum of 10 years of experience will work with users to capture conceptual system requirements, document design/scope, write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, and schedule the features and resources required for implementation/execution of projects assigned.
Fort Lauderdale - Florida
Manage multiple projects simultaneously and develop project status tracking documentation for management reporting.
Develop software to the technical specifications/instructions provided.
Document code modifications within source control utility.
Perform thorough testing of developed code prior to presentation to the QA department.
Assist in the development of software modules/user manuals for new applications.
Perform maintenance and support for existing software applications/websites.
Debug client applications/websites, either standalone or applications which access servers or services.
Follow best practices as defined by Universal and industry leaders such as Microsoft.
Participate in architecture, design and development activities, as required.
Analysis and Solution Definition
Assist in the facilitation of team and user meetings.
Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the respective division leaders.
Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
Proactively manage dependencies, risks and potential roadblocks and communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Relay policy and procedural changes to subordinates verbally and in written documentation. (Not sure if I captured the gist?)
Identify critical issues with ease.
Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and (or) current Company practices.
Generate enthusiasm among team members.
Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
Manage the process of innovative change.
Guide junior developer to perform at a higher level.
Develop relationships with Company personnel.
Communicate effectively with users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
Manage expectations effectively.
Skill, Experience and Licensure Requirements
• Minimum of 10 years of development experience.
• Project Management experience (preferred, not required)
• Possess understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Demonstrate familiarity with object and component methodology and technology.
• Understand Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Proficient in the Microsoft .net Framework languages C#/Visual Basic.net.
• Knowledgeable in the area of stored procedure creation for the retrieval of data from a SQL Server database.
• Thorough understanding of database concepts and Microsoft SQL Server
• Extensive knowledge of source control management systems.
• WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
• WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
• Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60 day probationary period)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% company match, up to the IRS limits (post 90 day probationary period)
• Paid vacation (post 90 day probationary period)
• Phased campus transformation to include state of the art and environmentally friendly space.*
• Fitness and recreation center*
• Dry-cleaning pick-up/drop-off*
*Tentatively scheduled for completion in 2015.
Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://universalproperty.com/ to learn more about our company.
Job Function: Sr. Developer/Programmer
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Primary Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL (Headquarters)